|An unusual gate leads into the garden|
|The house looks out over the Spring garden|
This year we're offering you the exciting chance to have a tour of the garden at Castle Cottage and learn lots about Beatrix and her life there for 30 years. You cannot normally visit Castle Cottage so this really is a special opportunity. Your guide for the tour, Mandy Marshall, is well-placed to guide you as she is the current tenant of Castle Cottage and a Blue Badge Tourist Guide for Cumbria. Here's how Mandy describes what's on offer.
'The Tour's not really about the garden as such. It's about when she bought the house, what it looked like, how she extended it, what she drew & wrote here, her personality, how she lived here, what she looked out of her windows at, "the staircase", the detail she put into the building, photo opportunities, her secret walled garden etc.'It sounds like a fascinating insight into a rarely-seen part of Beatrix's life. If you'd like to take part then booking is essential, places are limited so do book early.
Here's the detailed information you'll need to make a booking:
For more information and/or booking
Telephone Hill Top office on 015394 36269 or e-mail email@example.com
What dates & times?
Friday, 25 May 2012
Sunday 24th June 2012
Saturday 28th July 2012
Friday, 31 August 2012
Friday, 28 September 2012
Tours will run at 4 times on these dates: 11.30 am, 1.00 pm, 3.00 pm and 4.30 pm
Adult £5, Child £2.50
What else do you need to know?
- The tour will be outside so please dress for the weather.
- Meet in Hill Top car park (parking included in cost of tour).
- No dogs (but Assistance Dogs are of course welcome).
- Hill Top House is closed on Fridays for essential conservation work; access to Hill Top shop and garden is free on Fridays from 10 am to 4.30 pm.
- Wear suitable footwear for walking on grass, and please note there is uneven ground and several steps around the garden features.
You can follow Mandy on Twitter @atcastlecottage
post by Linda
photos credit photographybyward